Yr 9.C RESEARCH HOMEWORK:
- There is much to find out about the context of the novella, Of Mice and Men.
- Your task over the next three weeks (2 homework and one lesson next week) is to thoroughly research and then present on at least two aspects of the context.
- You will then present your ideas to me and the class in the form of a presentation of between 2- 4 minutes.
- You will be assessed for SP&L AF1
- The American Dream
- The Wall Street Crash and the effects of the depression
- John Steinbeck
- The role of women in 1930s America
- The role and treatment of black people in 1930s America
- Migrant workers
- The dust bowl
Yr 7. AUTOBIOGRAPHY UNIT FOR MONDAY 19TH Sept.
- Family crest. Design a family crest to go onto your shield. Incorporate the meaning of your name and the things which are important to you and your family.
Yr 8.C ‘ANIMAL FARM’HOMEWORK: 12th September For Mon19th.
- Write a short story allegory of your own. Make sure you include the important message and do not write more than two sides of A4.
- Write a full answer to ‘What is Scrooge’s attitude to the poor?’ question and bullet points from todays’ lesson.
- Answer the Evaluation question ( number 4) on the exam paper as fully as you can making sure you are checking that you are including the right points by checking your ‘How To Approach Section A’ sheet.