Yr 11 Homework: For Monday 16th January 2017.
Answer the following questions on ‘Storm on the Island’ in full.
- Why do you think Seamus Heaney uses violent imagery to describe the storm?
- What is the term called where he uses military terminology to describe the storm?
- What other reason might there be for Heaney to think this might be appropriate to the poem?
- What other techniques are used to describe the poem (find examples of onomatopoeia, assonance and sibilance using SQUAD paragraphs) and what is their effect on the reader?
- Themes: Find a quotation to support the following theme:
- Safety and preparation
- Man versus Nature
- Individual experience of place
Yr 10D Homework: For Monday 16th January 2017.
Complete worksheet and grid in exercise books on Act 1 of ‘An Inspector Calls’.