Learn these quotes – we will have another quiz on Monday 13th!
1. Inspector: It’s the way I like to go to work. One person and one line of inquiry at a time. Otherwise, there’s a muddle.
2. Sheila: We’ve no excuse now for putting on airs.
3. Inspector: You’ve had children. You must have known what she was feeling. And you slammed the door in her face.
4. Sheila: If all that’s come out tonight is true, then it doesn’t much matter who it was who made us confess.
5. Eric: Whoever that chap was, the fact remains that I did what I did. And Mother did what she did. And the rest of you did what you did to her. It’s still the same rotten story whether it’s been told to a police inspector or to somebody else.
6. Sheila: Everything we said had happened really had happened. If it didn’t end tragically, then that’s lucky for us. But it might have done.
7. Mr Birling: The famous younger generation who know it all. And they can’t even take a joke.
8. Inspector: And I tell you that the time will soon come when, if men will not learn that lesson, when they will be taught it in fire and blood and anguish.
9. Gerald: We’re respectable citizens and not dangerous criminals. Inspector: Sometimes there isn’t as much difference as you think.
10. Inspector: There are millions and millions of Eva Smiths and John Smiths still left with us, with their lives, their hopes and fears, their suffering and chance of happiness, all intertwined with our lives, with what we think and do. We don’t live alone. We are members of one body. We are responsible for each other.