Read through the character list from the Knowledge Organiser about ‘A Christmas Carol’. Then select three characters you like the most and write a character summary for each including the reasons you like them and why.
Your task is to revise stave one by answering the mini questions on the sheet.
You will need to read back through the stave to answer them.
If you do not have your own copy of the text, you can read the novel online by clicking the link below:
Draw a time line which follows Scrooge’s childhood in Stave Two. Include all of the experiences mentioned up until the Stave ends.
Learn the following spellings and their meanings for a test:
- intimation- a suggestion
- morose- a bleak outlook or attitude
- impropriety- something improper or inappropriate
- resolute- a determined outlook
- homage- to pay public respect or honour something
- ominous- to give an impression of doom or imply bad things will happen
- facetious-to treat something serious with a deliberate lack of care
- solitude- to be alone
- misanthropic- disliking people in general and having an anti-social bad attitude
- phenomenon-a fact or situation which is unexplained
Read the hand out on Dickens. Complete the tasks in your books.
Due: Monday 24th September
Write a SQuAD paragraph to explain the function of the two portly gentlemen who visit Scrooge on Christmas Eve.
Learn the contextual information on your knowledge organiser on:
- Dickens’ Life
- The Industrial Revolution
- Malthus and The Poor Law
You will have a quiz on this next Wednesday.