Adjectives you MUST use to describe Gerald Croft when writing about him.
Learn the words and the meanings – you will be tested next week. For each spelling, explain how or why it could be attributed to Gerald.
1. Proud – feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one’s own achievements, qualities, or possessions
2. Aristocratic – of, belonging to, or typical of the aristocracy / upper classes
3. Manipulative – exercising unscrupulous control or influence over a person or situation
4. Duplicitous – deceitful.
5. Advantaged – having a comparatively favourable position in terms of economic or social circumstances.
6. Self-serving – having concern for one’s own welfare and interests before those of others
7. Misogynist – a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women
8. Conniving – given to or involved in conspiring to do something immoral, illegal, or harmful.
9. Philandering – (of a man) readily or frequently enter into casual sexual relationships with women
10. Accountable – required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible