Mrs. Cullis’ classes Yr 9, 10 and 11 for Wednesday 6th. December
‘Tell me what man that was..’
‘The spirits have done it all in one night’.
(Scrooge)’…chuckled ’till he cried’
‘He went to church…’
‘Not a farthing less. A great many backpayments are included in it.’
1. “The Phantom slowly, gravely, silently approached.”
2.” When it came, Scrooge bent down upon his knee.”
3. “its mysterious presence filled him with a solemn dread.”
4. “I fear you more than any spectre I have seen.”
5. “Men’s courses will foreshadow certain ends.”
6. “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
Spellings for Yr. 7A.
Spellings for 8BX
Quotations for Yr.9BX, Yr 10 and Yr11
- (Scrooge)…’beheld a solemn Phantom, draped and hooded, coming like a mist along the ground towards him’.
- ‘the very air…seemed to scatter gloom and mystery’.
- ‘his legs trembled beneath him’.
- ‘I fear you know more than any spectre I have seen’.
- ‘I know your purpose is to do me good and as I hope to live to be another man from what I was’.
For each quotation, analyse the language, learn it and be clear on who it is referring to and what is the intention.
- “The Phantom slowly, gravely, silently approached.”
- Scrooge feared the silent shape so much that his legs trembled beneath him.”
- “I fear you more than any spectre I have seen. But as I know your purpose is to do me good,”
- “Spirit,” said Scrooge, shuddering from head to foot. “I see, I see. The case of this unhappy man might be my own. My life tends that way, now.”
- “Still the Ghost pointed downward to the grave by which it stood.”