The BBC have published some great images of the first illustrations for A Christmas Carol.
This essay provides some additional insights into A Christmas Carol. It shouldn’t take long. There is a challenge task at the bottom. Please print in the resource centre at school.
Mrs. Cullis’ classes Yr 9, 10 and 11 for Wednesday 6th. December
‘Tell me what man that was..’
‘The spirits have done it all in one night’.
(Scrooge)’…chuckled ’till he cried’
‘He went to church…’
‘Not a farthing less. A great many backpayments are included in it.’
- Research 5 facts about how Christmas is treated today
- Use high level vocabulary
- Write it as an article
- Use full and varied punctuation
- Use the language techniques referenced – if you don’t know what they are, ask your teacher or better still, look them up!
Spelling Homework for Mrs Cullis Yrs. 9, 10 and 11
Learn these spellings and their meanings for Wednesday 29th Nov.
1. allegory 6. happiness
2. ignorance 7. repulsed
3. responsibility 8. equilibrium
4. transformation 9. resolution
5. determined 10. juxtapose
Make sure that you learn the definitions as well.