Mrs. Cullis’s Classes Learning Homework for Wednesday 18th October
YEAR 11 Learn these quotations which all link to witches and their language.
- ‘Thrice the brindled cat hath mew’d’
- ‘Cool it with a baboon’s blood
- Then the charm is firm and good.’
- ‘’By the pricking of my thumbs,
- Something evil this way comes;’
- ‘You secret, black and midnight hags’
YEARS 9 and 10:
Learn the following quotations which are from Stave Three and about the Spirit of Christmas Present:
- ’The walls and ceiling were so hung with living green’.
- ‘A mighty blaze went roaring up the chimney’.
- ‘A glowing torch, not unlike Plenty’s horn.’
- ‘It was clothed in one simple green robe…bordered with white fur’.
- ‘Its capacious breast was bare’.
- ‘Its feet…were also bare.’
- ‘Its dark brown curls were long and free’.
- ‘ its genial face, its sparkling eyes, its open hand, its cheery voice, its unconstrained demeanour, and its joyful air’
- ‘in easy state upon this couch there sat a jolly giant’
YEAR 8BX Learn these spellings (and their meanings) from ‘Animal Farm’.