Hopefully you all have bought a copy of the text now. However if you don’t a link to an online copy is below.
- Read Stave 3 of A Christmas Carol.
- You will be tested on your understanding of this after half term.
To help you, here is a link to an online revision guide.
Research interesting facts about how the Victorians celebrated Christmas, using these websites;
Answer these questions, with FULL responses:
1.What food or drink was commonly present during Victorian Christmas celebrations?
2.What did people usually do on Christmas day in the mid to late 19th century?
3.What Victorian traditions still exist in our Christmas celebrations today?
4.What presents were commonly given?
Write an article for a broadsheet newspaper in which you explain your point of view on this statement.
|Article – What does it need?
|• a clear title
• an introductory paragraph
• effectively sequenced paragraphs.
|Write to explain
• present tense
• paragraphs start with a topic sentence
• there is a logical sequence to the explanation
• causal conjunctions: because / as a result of / despite / therefore / however / so / yet / consequently / even though
• evidence / statistics are used
Remember TECHNICAL ACCURACY
- Remember to paragraph your work.
- Use full stops and capital letters.
- Try to use ambitious vocabulary.